POPCORN!! It is Almost Time to Sell Popcorn!
Popcorn! Is there any other product that makes everyone thing about the Boy Scouts of America? A delicious treat that pays for your trip to Summer camp?
Here in Montana, we have a great tradition of selling popcorn. Last year, the Troop managed to sell over $22 thousand in Popcorn! How much will we sell this year?
Our Montana Council popcorn sale this year will begin on September 24 and conclude on October 16. There are some changes this year:
- Units can now choose to receive either all ScoutBucks as prizes, or all gift cards. The unit has to choose before the sale ends.
- By popular demand, Kettle Corn is back!
- The Chocolate Lover’s Combination is now discontinued. The price of chocolate made it impossible to continue selling this product at a reasonable price.
- All Scouts must enter their popcorn sales goal on the Council website, at http://montanabsa.org/popcorn.aspx. Please do so today!
- Here in our District, every Unit is given an exclusive sales area for the first day of sales (September 24) only. Our exclusive sales areas for the first day will be the Lower North side of Great Falls, to 15th Street to the East and Central Avenue to the South.
- To kick off the first morning, we will hold a doughnut breakfast at Mr. and Mrs. Weissman’s front yard. Mr. and Mrs. Weissman will also host a hot dog lunch in their backyard after a morning of sales. There will be prizes for boys meeting certain thresholds of number of sales and dollars sold!