News from July 2 Meeting
- Line up begins at 9:00 a.m. and the parade starts at 11:00 a.m. They are currently number 8 in line. All Scouts will be required to wear their full field (Class A type) uniforms. The parade theme is “Welcome Home Honoring Our Own,” especially honoring veterans who have served overseas and the Scout float theme is “Cub Scout Camp Out.” Military member parents are asked to walk with their Scout(s) in uniform if able.
- Josh will be assembling bookshelves for the New Directions mental health center for his Eagle project. He asks boys to help on Monday, July 9, 2pm, new directions, 7th st and 1st ave s, wearing class b or work clothes. Should be about 3 hours work.
- July 15 – 21 Summer Camp Melita Island
A list of what to take: Make sure your stuff is all MARKED WITH YOUR NAME! Towels too !
Plate (metal or plastic) Camping Knife/Fork/Spoon
Fun Wear/Troop Theme Day clothes;
Class B Tees
Make Sure your Medical Form is Complete, CHECK WITH MR. LOCKE ! ! ! ! !
Pants or Sweat Pants
Sweat Shirt or Jacket
No Open Toe Shoes – Flip Flops only for wearing to and from shower!
If you are fishing, and are 13 or older you will need a MT license.
About $30-$50 for trading post and anything to munch on in-between here and there.
Pack your own lunch for the first day! We are leaving at o’dark thirty, and dinner at Melita is not until evening!
We will leave from camp at on July 15 from Mr. Lukas’ home early. Please be there NO LATER THAN 6:30am.
- Spelunking in the Lick Creek Caverns and camping in Monarch on the weekend of August 4 – Details to be announced.
- August 26: 50 mile bike ride around Great Falls, concluding with Troop BBQ. Details to be announced.
- Mr. Locke gave away a sport shade / windbreaker tonight. Ryan won it with 40-some pushups against Wyatt!