Lick Creek Cavern Caving trip and Campout this weekend!
Troop 26 will be touring Lick Creek Caverns this weekend! Mr. John Juras will be leading us in a tour of the cave on Saturday morning, August 4. Here are the details:
We will camp on Friday night behind the Weissman cabin in Monarch. We will leave Great Falls at 6 p.m. on Friday, August 3 from Trinity Lutheran Church. Please make sure that you have the following items with you:
For camping on Friday night:
- Sleeping bag/ground cover
- Personal gear/10 essentials
- Mess kit
- Pre-made tin foil dinner to be cooked during campsite setup on Friday evening.
For caving trip on Saturday:
- Helmet with chin strap and attached head lamp. A small flashlight zip-tied onto a bicycle helmet will work.
- Two other working flashlights.
- Protective clothing: long pants, sweatshirt, socks, sturdy shoes/boots. Cave will be wet, damp and muddy. The temperature of the cave will be around 45 degrees year round. BE PREPARED.
- Length of rope
- Pocket Knife
- Duct tape wrapped around pencil.
- First aid kit in a hard case
- Re-use an old school backpack to carry stuff in!
- Garbage bag
- Change of clothes for coming out of the cave.
- Plenty of water in a sealed water bottle for drinking in the cave. STAY HYDRATED.
- Energy/granola bars
If you are driving yourself, we can meet up at the Lazy Doe parking lot. Please arrange for the times you will meet at the Lazy Doe in advance. Email Aaron at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone at 406-868-8982. You can also call Aaron on Friday evening at the cabin number of 406-236-5500.
We will be patrol cooking breakfast on Saturday, August 4. Please meet Mr. Boyd and Mr. Lukas at Smith’s Grocery Store tonight at 6:30 p.m. to help shop for groceries.
Finally, we need a firm head count of everyone who will be joining us on this expedition. Please contact your patrol leader or the SPL and let him know whether or not you are coming!