Hello Troop 26! How are we this week? Great job on remembering the outdoor code and being respectful during the presentation/retiring of the colors! To start out, we still need to work on these things during meetings:
- Throwing things
- Being disrespectful while others/leaders are talking
Let’s all try to cut down on these things so we can have a more productive and fun meeting every Monday!
As mentioned in my last weekly update, our annual Christmas Party is coming up along with the Christmas Stroll Fundraiser. Look back on the post for that information but be looking for updates throughout the week.
This week, due to our crazy weather conditions, we were prohibited from stripping the lodge poles for the food tent. We WILL be rescheduling this event so bring your knives AND totin chip regularly. Thanks for your patience.
A huge event is coming up in the next 2 months………………… It’s the KLONDIKE DERBY!!! The Klondike Derby is a winter camp out that Troop 26 avidly participates in every year. there is usually some sort of “game” that is played throughout the weekend and we try our hardest to earn the trophy year after year! To earn point, troops/patrols must complete various tasks and meet certain requirements and at the end the winner is announced. This year, our patrols will be needing these items:
- 6 foot Yeti sculpture with obvious injuries
- New patrol flags –> speak with patrol leader about times/dates/ideas
- Hand/Man made Snow shoes –> speak with patrol leader about times/dates/ideas
- Hand/Man made Sling Shot –> speak with patrol leader about times/dates/ideas
- Patrol Menu: A patrol menu is the plan, so to speak, of what the participants in that patrol will be eating during said camp out. It consists of Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner and is on a budget. Be thinking about ideas and things you want to see on your patrol’s menu
- Hand/Man made sled
- Bring all ideas/materials to the meeting Jan. 4
Also, Don’t forget to deliver your darn POPCORN!!! We would like to have the money in by next Monday but if need be, the latest accepted will be Nov. 27. Try to deliver as much popcorn, if not all of your popcorn this week.
Lastly is our annual Bowling Party. Our annual bowling party is just a fun time where we get together as a troop and have fun at our local Base-Bowling Alley. There is usually a trophy and prizes for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place contenders as well as ample amounts of pizza and soda. Did I just say Pizza?? YES! You definitely don’t want to miss out on this. It will be held on Saturday, December 1st at 1:00 P.M. Bring at least 10$ for the price of bowling and games following. RSVP to Mrs. Combs so we can arrange rides.
Have a great week scouts and parents and don’t forget to LIVE LIKE A SCOUT! Look for more updates this week.