Logistical Notes from the Scoutmaster
Good Morning Troop 26!
I hope that you all had a pleasant weekend and are looking forward to a great last few weeks of the school year. Over the last week, our Patrol Leader’s Council and our Troop Committee were able to nail down a number of specifics regarding our upcoming schedule. Thank you to all the youth and adult volunteers in the Troop that took the time to participate in this planning. Please take a look at yesterday’s post from Committee Chair Joe (http://bit.ly/11EivYA) for a number of those details.
I would like to take this opportunity to emphasize a few additional details:
- Our Unit of Service today at the Rescue Mission. We will be serving two meals, one at 5:30 and one at 6:15. If you can not get to the 5:30 serving, please come as soon as you can in your Field Uniform so that you can participate in the 6:15 serving. We should be done for the evening by 7pm.
- Please let me know if you will be participating in the IceBreaker run on 4/28. I still think it would be fun to participate as a Troop.
- To date, I have only received one vote for the 2014 Summer Camp choices. Jordan did a great job outlining the choices at this post (http://bit.ly/ZJvabd). You can vote on your choice at our website at http://bit.ly/ZE09cZ, or you can vote in person at an upcoming meeting. I would like this choice to be made before Spring Camporee.
- Due to the school schedule, our meeting on 4/29 will be led by Acting Senior Patrol Leader Jake Smith. The plan is to introduce our May theme of Physical Fitness and Sports. We will meet at Gibson Park, and we plan to have a soccer game between the Panthers and the Trolls. HOWEVER, we will not play soccer unless EVERYONE wears shinguards. If you have spare shinguards, please let us know and bring them. If we can not round up enough shinguards for everyone, we will find an alternate activity.
- Please have your family mark their calendars for a Troop Family BBQ on 6/1 at Lion’s Park.
- I have blue cards for everyone who has participated in our Cooking Merit Badge work over the last two months. There are a few requirements outstanding. I will hand out those blue cards at the first meeting in May.
I look forward to seeing you all tonight!
Yours in Scouting,Aaron Weissman Scoutmaster, Troop 1026, Great Falls, MT Assistant Scoutmaster, Troop A302 representing Eastern Montana at the 2013 National Jamboree Committeeman, Lewis and Clark District Vice President for Program, Montana Council Montana Council Silver Beaver, Class of 2013 Boy Scouts of America I used to be a Fox, and a good ole Fox too! W5-315-11-1