Troop 26 Mid-week Scheduling and other Details update!
I hope that you are all having a good week! This weekend looks to be a very busy opportunity to really do some great things for our troop. I look forward to seeing you!
Anyway, the purpose of this message is to update you on a few schedule changes for the week. Please note all the items/changes below:
* Kyle Gilles Eagle Project Completion on Thursday, August 22 at 6pm. Please join us at the Siebel Soccer Park at 6pm on Thursday, August 22 to help install the flag pole for Kyle’s Eagle project. Many hands make light work to install this pole! It should not take long. As we had a bike ride scheduled for that date and time, time permitting we will have a ride after the project is complete with any of you that arrive at the soccer park with your bike! And yes, we will make a point to stop for ice cream.
* Scout Show and Baseball Game on Friday, August 23. Our Troop is building a pioneering tower for the Scout Show and Baseball night at Centene Stadium! Please be at the stadium at 2:30pm to help build the tower in your activity uniform (class B). Please have your field uniform (Class A) with you so that you can wear it after construction is complete. Attendance at the game will cost $3 or $5 including pop and a hot dog. If you want to camp overnight at the stadium you will need to have a parent stay with you, as this is not a troop event.
* Hiking in the Little Belts on Saturday, August 24. I need to know how many of you are interested in participating in this activity. A conflict has come up with my schedule, but if many of you are interested I will try to find a way to make it work. Please confirm whether or not you want to go hiking near Monarch on Saturday.
* Troop Retreat on Sunday, August 25. This is going to be a very, very important meeting. This is YOUR troop and at this meeting we will be making decisions about our activities for the next year. The decisions made at this meeting will commit our boys to fundraising goals, attendance at events and campouts, etc. If you cannot be at this meeting I will assume that you will support the work done by the group and commit yourself to their decisions.
I have heard several questions about the completion time for the retreat. As you can see by the agenda below, I have not built-in any break periods, although it is reasonable that we will be taking several breaks! Some of the sessions will not run as long as the scheduled time, and some might run longer. Once we finish the agenda, we can break for the day.
* Canoeing on Monday, August 26. What a great way to finish the Summer! We will be beginning the process of working on canoeing merit badge and having a nice day at Wadsworth Pond. Please bring clothes that can get wet, and of course, also bring a towel. Snacks would also be a good idea. We will have six canoes, twelve paddles and at least twelve PFDs. If more that that show up, we will be canoeing in shifts. We will start at 1pm. For those of you that have already begun school, please come after school; we will continue until around 7. Many, many thanks to Jeremy Adams for organizing this activity.
I look forward to seeing you all over the next week!
Yours in Scouting,
Begin forwarded message:
Troop 26 Leaders Retreat agenda
Snapshot of the item below:
Troop 26 Leaders Retreat agenda