Troop Ski Trip
It looks like we are going to have a big group with us this weekend! I hope are are all looking forward to a great time skiing! The purpose of this email is to go over a number of details. If you are participating, please read this carefully and get back to me with any questions:
- If you are joining us, please make SURE that that you are on my list. Only those of you on my list today will be part of our group rate.
- If you are renting equipment, please make SURE that I have your rental form in my possession before I leave for Monarch tonight.
- A number of us will be leaving for Monarch tonight. Those joining us tonight should be at my home at 5:30pm. Please have skiing-appropriate clothing (including gloves/mittens, snow pants and a jacket), sleeping clothes, a sleeping bag, Friday night dinner, a water bottle and your mess kit with you. Please make a point to ensure that your items are kept together in a backpack or other similar bag.
- Those driving up to the ski hill themselves should plan on being at Showdown by 9am tomorrow. We will meet downstairs by locker #91.
- Saturday lunch will be cold cut sandwiches, cookies and gatorade. You will prepare your sandwiches on Friday evening and put them into a cooler we will have with us tomorrow. We will have all of the ingredients with us tonight.
- After the lifts close at 4pm, there will be the opportunity to sled at the base of the ski hill. I only have a few sleds, so please also consider bringing your own sled to join in on the fun!
- Saturday dinner will be slow cooker pot roast. As noted above, please have your mess kit with you!
- Those joining us in Monarch will be coming home on Sunday morning. We can be reached at our cabin number of 236-5500 while in Monarch. Please be advised that there is no cell signal in the Little Belt Mountains.
Please remember that this is a Scouting trip even though we will not be in uniform. While we are having fun on this excursion, you will be representing our Troop and Scouting.
Yours in Scouting,
Scoutmaster, Troop 1026, Great Falls, MT
Vice President for Program, Montana Council
Boy Scouts of America
I used to be a Fox, and a good ole Fox too! W5-315-11-1