Reminders for Meeting on Monday, 3/17
I hope that you are enjoying the beginning of Spring weather! We have a great meeting planned for this coming Monday, March 17. I hope to see you there.
A few items for the meeting:
* We will begin work on the Totin’ Chip class we will be teaching at the Trail to First Class campout. Please bring any materials that you believe would help us teach the class, and please be thinking about what we want to teach. Please also review pages 402-409 of your Scout Handbook before the meeting.
* The OA has also asked us to consider teaching the Fireman Chit at the same time we are teaching Totin’ Chip. Please consider whether or not we can do justice to both; we will make a decision on that subject at Monday’s meeting.
* We are helping Kyle Rutten from Troop 28 on his Eagle Project! Kyle is adding to the Sunnyside Elementary library. Please bring clean books that you have that are appropriate for Kindergarten – 6th Grade to our meeting to donate. The kids at Sunnyside will really appreciate your generosity.
* Our Order of the Arrow elections for the year will be held at our meeting on Monday. If your name is on the ballot, please make a point to be at the meeting. In addition, our annual OA election is a serious matter; please make a point to keep this in mind when making your choices.
* Our Troop will be assisting with the CAN-struction take down on Wednesday, March 19 at the Holiday Village Mall as a service project for the Food Bank. Please put that date on your calendar and plan to be in the mall food court after school.
* Parents, please remember to attend our committee meeting at the 10th Ave S Hardees on the evening of Wednesday, March 19.
* Please remember to mark your calendar for Mark Helgeson’s Eagle Court of Honor on Friday, March 28 at Valley Community Bible Church.
* Weather permitting, we will begin our Ultimate Frisbee games during our mid-meeting break this week.
As always, we are trying to keep our events calendar online on both our website and our Facebook page. Many thanks to Heather Copenhaver who alerted me to some out-of-date event changes that hadn’t yet been updated. If you find errors like those, please let me know so that they can be corrected!
Yours in Scouting,
Scoutmaster, Troop 1026, Great Falls, MT
Vice President for Program, Montana Council
Boy Scouts of America
I used to be a Fox, and a good ole Fox too! W5-315-11-1