The Zombie Apocalypse is almost upon us!
The Zombie Apocalypse Klondike Derby is almost here! There will be a lot of snow for our activities, and the forecast for Saturday looks like it will be a great day with an expected high of 34 and in the 20s. All boys should bring several changes of clothes so that you have something dry to wear after a day playing in the snow.
If you are planning on attending this weekend’s campout and you are not already on the list, you need to get in touch with me immediately. All boys attending need to have permission slips complete before we leave. In addition, if you have not already been though a pack check, please aware that you will not be allowed to join us if you show up on Friday without appropriate clothing for winter camping.
A few logistics for this week as we prepare for this campout:
- We will be shopping for groceries for the weekend tonight, January 14, at the Malmstrom commissary. Please meet at the base gate tonight at 6pm. All boys are expected to help shop for food for campouts at least once per year. Boys helping also get to help choose the food the Troop will be eating at the campout.
- We will need some help loading the trailer with gear and firewood tomorrow, January 15 at 5pm at the Washington building, 1015 1st Ave N. Please come and help. If you can bring your gear for the campout, we can load it up at that point to save time on Friday.
- We will gather to leave for the campout at 5pm on Friday, January 16 at the Washington building, 1015 1st Ave N. We need to leave by 5:30, so please arrive on time. As always, please bring your own dinner for Friday evening. Troop provided meals will begin on Saturday morning.
- We should arrive back in Great Falls by mid-morning on Sunday, January 18. Our arrival back in town will be dependent on how soon we can clean up our campsite on Sunday morning. Please be ready for a phone call from your son when we are about 15-20 minutes from town.
- As there will not be any school on Monday, January 19 we will not be meeting to award best camper. Please note this is a change from our previously announced schedule. We will make that award the following Monday.
Please help us welcome Aiden and Owen to Troop 26 on Thursday, January 22 at 6pm at Trinity Lutheran Church for their Arrow of Light crossover ceremony! Aiden and Owen, we look forward to Scouting with you!
Our next meeting will be Monday, January 26 at 7pm. See you there!
Yours in Scouting,
Scoutmaster, Troop 1026, Great Falls, MT
Vice President for Program, Montana Council
Boy Scouts of America
I used to be a Fox, and a good ole Fox too! W5-315-11-1